PLACES OF INTEREST IN LA GARROTXA
La Garrotxa has become an ideal destination for a multitude of activities and discover each of its corners, so in this article we are going to propose different places of interest so you can plan a getaway to La Garrotxa.
- Ermita de Sant Roc and Santa Lena: near Can Buch we find two small Romanesque hermitages with a lot of charm, with excellent views of emblematic places such as the Old Quarter of Girona or the Medes Islands.
- Canet d`Adri: municipality located just 15 kilometers from Girona that combines the forests of alcinas with dry fields, creating a combination of great natural beauty.
- Old Quarter of Girona: of great interest for its cultural heritage, it becomes an essential visit in the city of Girona, formed by the wall, Arab baths and wine square, among other places.
- The Gorgs de les Planes d`Hostoles: highly recommended for hiking where we will find different gorgs ideal for cooling off.
- Historic Center of Sant Feliu de Pallerols: valley surrounded by volcanoes and with beautiful medieval villages that form the valley, a great proposal to get lost.
- La Vall d`en Bas: area rich in volcanoes of La Garrotxa, formed by charming villages such as Joanetes, Hostalets d`en Bas or El Mallol.
- Els Hostalets d`en Bas: small medieval village with narrow stone streets that together with the wooden balconies transport us to other times.
- La Fageda d`en Jordà by the Carrilet: of course we already told you about La Fageda, but we propose to make the visit in a different and fun way, through horse-drawn carriages.
- Santa Margarita Volcano: undoubtedly one of the most representative, which we find between Olot and the small village of Santa Pau. The volcano is covered with forests.
- Croscat volcano: like Santa Margarita, is well known in La Garrotxa with a crater with a peculiar horseshoe shape and located very close to the Fageda d`en Jordà.
- Santa Pau: small medieval town with a main square with a great personality that will not leave us indifferent due to its charm. On the other hand, the castle stands on the highest part of the town.
- Besalú: perhaps one of the best known and most touristic medieval villages in the area, also a must visit, full of bridges and buildings that will transport us to medieval times.
- Castellfollit de la Roca: small village also near Olot, with a spectacular viewpoint and a facade that surely we have seen many times in guidebooks or advertising brochures for its uniqueness and beauty.